11 May, 2012

My Twelve Friends

We all need to be nurtured – yes, even if you are a guy you may need a little bit of nurturing.  This has been my my observation since I was immersed into the men’s world from the day I was born; and I am still in it – Venus in the world of Mars.  In this blog post I wanted to write about how much I appreciate the women in my life – my girlfriends.  Let’s celebrate ourselves, have fun.  We are all worth it!

My Aries friend is not afraid, she is confident.  When I feel like I just need a little courage she is there for me and says that we all can overcome obstacles and fears.  She is the champion of her own soul journey, she is here to conquer life and anything that stands in her way is by no means a source of fear.  To learn to be courageous and spontaneous we all need an Aries friend.  And when it comes to getting a raise?  Aries friend will give you a lesson or two. 

My Taurus friend can make a camping trip turn into a five star hotel experience.  Candles, decorations, lights and pillows make it so much more fun and comfortable.  Her meals are planned to the last detail and let’s say it is a feast – a camping feast.  So when I am totally unmotivated and too tired to make my house a home I think of my Taurus friend.  I light a candle, pour a glass of wine and start making dinner.  Your Taurus friend lives on Venus and life is good!

Do you ever feel like you just don’t care about what is going on in the world anymore?  I have been there, trying to isolate myself from it all.  And when I feel that way, my phone usually rings and voila, it is my Gemini friend.  In an instant I know what is happening in the world and in your neighbourhood and who is doing what.  Long before I know it my Gemini friend is organizing our girls’ night out get together, so let’s have some fun!

As I mentioned earlier – we all need to be nurtured.  And guess what - your Cancer friend is the best nurturer.  It is all about making us feel at home when we need that, no matter where we are.  When I was not feeling well, it was my Cancer friend that showed up at my house with a basket full of goodies.   You don’t need to be a self-pitying Pisces to love that!  Let your friend know that her caring and concern is truly appreciated. 

Life is fun with Leo.  Spur-of-the-moment trips (before we both got married and had children), karaoke nights (even when married) and shopping are just the small examples of fun past times that bind us together.  Your Leo friend can make you feel like a movie star - I am already feeling like Jennifer Lopez (a Leo) – feeling like it but far from it, ha!  My Leo friend has a heart of gold and she is the most generous person I know.

My closets scream “Help!” and I need to seriously change my diet for the better.  Skipping breakfast is not good.  My Virgo friend is always on top of her schedule.  She keeps her closets organized and her diet in balance.  Being around my friend makes me want to try harder.  After talking to her I feel like I want to have a fresh start.  My monthly gym membership will be religiously used from now on. 

Harmony is the best word that describes my Libra friend.  She surrounds herself with beauty and peace.  She has taught me to see both sides of the coin.  She is the diplomat of the Zodiac.  When I feel I am losing ground and get too lost in the constant rat race that is just a part of our life - I think of her.  I turn on some nice music, watch a nice movie or just quietly observe the nature that surrounds me and I feel the balance.

Having a problem?  Dial 1-800-SCORPIO.  OK, I haven’t actually tried that number but I thought of a car license plate that said – “Mum said no?  Dial 1-800-GRANDMA.”  We can talk about things – the meaning of life, life and death, afterlife.  We can talk about religion or psychology.   The best way to experience your own psychological transformation is with your Scorpio friend.  And what you tell her will go no further. 

My Sagittarius friend is the most adventurous one.  She and I have our dream trips already planned.  But that will have to wait for a while.  We can talk for hours about philosophies, travel, food, fun and all the good things in life.  And there is always wine, we love to drink some nice wine when we talk.  So when you feel the need to be adventurous and spiritual think Sagittarian – take a break and dream a little.  See where it takes you.

When no one is answering your phone or Skype call - who will?  Your Capricorn friend will.  She has not changed for years.  She is there, always reliable and on time.  When you need a reality check and when you want to get back on track think of your Capricorn friend.  I have known my Capricorn friend since we were four or five years old.  Thousands of miles separate us now but that hasn’t really changed a thing.

My Aquarian friend is the champion of human rights.  She is the tireless activist who always has hope that things will, eventually get better.  She is involved with so many activities and groups.  She does yoga, meditation, she exercises.  She does so well on her own, she is an independent spirit.  So when you think you are becoming needy or expect too much think of your Aquarian friend and go your own independent way.  There is so much to discover. 
 
My Pisces friend is compassionate and caring.  She understands the ebbs and flows of human emotions.  I know one side of her very well, as she is sociable and fun.  But the other side is hidden, that is between the universe and her.  That is what is hidden in the depths of the ocean.  Her emotions are up and down but she is keeping it cool.  My Pisces friend loves the nature; she is the ultimate saviour of the environment, the tree hugging kind of a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment