24 May, 2012

Moon In Cancer And The Old Man

Sun, Mercury and Venus are in Gemini.  Our minds are going with the speed of light.  Our dreams are vivid.  But what is different is the Moon in Cancer.  Do you feel like you just want to hide?  To be with your family?  To be the protector and to be protected?

I saw the old man at work today.  The usual, the regular.  My coworkers don't like to deal with him.  He is strange.  Only God knows who he is and where he came from.  I only know his name and his address.  Every time I had to deal with him in the past I was never too happy about it.  He is dirty, he has all sorts of skin growths on his body, he has a large bulging bump on his throat.  I often wonder whether he even goes to the doctor.  But I am pretty sure he has no health insurance.  He can't really talk, he only makes sounds.  I think he has no tongue, really.  When he wants to get his point across, he only makes some kind of noises, and then gets frustrated when people don't understand him. 

Today, there he was.  I cringed when I saw that old man again.  I did not want to deal with him.  I am sad to admit this as I never felt like this before.  But I am honest and just a human.  This time I had a strange feeling.  I thought of him as a little boy, some mother's son, a baby that was born, first steps, first stories read, first bicycle ride, first day of school.  This man is someone's son and that someone is most likely not alive anymore.  Instead of business as usual - no smile and just a serious face, I smiled at him.  We helped him, we served him.  This time when I was walking away from him I thought of that little boy he once was.  What can happen to us?  Life shapes us and sometimes it gets pretty tough and we end up at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Moon in Cancer can evoke feelings of compassion.  Let it do just that.  Cancer Moon cares, Cancer moon is compassionate, it wants to embrace the disadvantaged, it wants to take care of the unwanted. How do you experience the influence of the Moon in Cancer?  Whatever it does, don't hide your feelings, share them and let them soar above just like the birds, the eagles, the leaves in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment